The Handmade Rug Company
We want you to be delighted with your purchase, so if you are not completely happy, you may return it to us within 14 days of receipt for a full refund or exchange - provided that the item is returned complete and in original condition.
The Handmade Rug Company can collect the item from you ; the collection cost is £15.00 on rugs within the UK.
Charges may be incurred for return delivery on shipping from outside of the UK. Read our Terms & Conditions for more details.
To return an item, you must first contact us. We will then send you a returns form. If you then equine us to collect we will then arrange for the delivery company to collect the item from you. Returns can be collected from your home, work or alternative address.
It is recommended that you keep the original packaging in order to make returning items easier.
You have the right to cancel your order with us, provided you give us written notice any time after your order has been placed, up until 7 working days from the day after you received you order.
If your item has not been dispatched you can cancel your order by contacting us with your order number to email@example.com
If your order has already been dispatched please contact us.
You have the right to return or exchange your item with us, provided you give us written notice any time after your order has been placed, up until 7 working days from the day after you received you order.
1. You must notify customer care in writing of your wish to return or exchange your order under the DSRs any time after your order has been placed, up until 7 working days from the day after you received you order.
2. On receipt of your notice of order cancellation or exchange, one of the members customer care team will get in contact to confirm the return and refund amount/item exchange.
3. We recommend that you insure the return shipment as you are under a duty to take reasonable care of the goods and will be liable for damage to them until we receive them. We also recommend that you use a secure trackable shipper and that you retain proof of sending, in case of a dispute.
4. All items must be returned with all tags, in their original condition.
5. We will refund the full value of your order, excluding the cost of collection. We charge £10 for returns on free delivery items. Items which do not qualify for free delivery will be charged at a calculated rate.
There is no charge to exchange items for a different size, however all exchanges are based on stock availability.
Receiving a refund
Your refund will be credited to the original purchaser's credit card account and will include shipping costs for faulty items or for orders cancelled under the DSRs only. Shipping costs will not be refunded for items that are not faulty or wrongly delivered.
Please note card refunds may take up to 7 business days for your bank to complete, depending on their processing time. This can vary greatly between card issuers, and unfortunately we are unable to influence this.
Pay pal refunds can take up to 10 days for refunds to clear.
If You return a gift please note that the refund will be made to the original card Purchaser.
Please note: We will refund the price of the item to the Purchaser or exchange the product once it is received by us. A refund of the delivery charge will only be given in the instance of incorrect, damaged or faulty products. All items returned as faulty will be inspected and any items we deem damaged as a result of fair wear and tear will not be accepted as faulty. We reserve the right to charge you the cost of the returns delivery when an unwanted product is returned.
Sale items or products purchased online under ‘Special Promotions’ that involve a reduction in price from the normal retail price can still be returned within 14 days of delivery provided they are in their original condition and written notice is given any time after your order has been placed, up until 7 working days from the day after you received you order.
If you place an order for an item that is to be personalised by The Handmade Rug Company on your behalf, we regret that you will be unable to cancel the order. We are also unable to accept returns of personalised or bespoke items.
If you personalise an item after purchase from The Handmade Rug Company, we will be unable to offer a refund.